Frome Town Council are holding a consultation on SGC.
This Thursday 24th at 7pm. Link here.
A representative from LVA will be present to run through the plans. Stop SGC, Friends of Little Keyford, Frome Civic Society, Frome Community Land Trust, Selwood Parish Council and CPRE will all be making presentations too.
There will be an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions. Please come prepared with tough q’s that will make councillors think.
See below for inspiration;
- The current recession means that many people will not be able to afford mortgages so why are they considering this planning development proposal? The house building bubble is about to burst.
- Is this development appropriate in light of the Climate and Ecological Emergency?
- The site is an important green space to a lot of people, why aren’t more brownfield sites being explored?
- Why hasn’t there been a proper local plan review?
- Why is this proposal so large?
- Why call a planning meeting now when Highways Commission are doing a survey & the results won’t be available for at least 4 months & may highly influence people’s opinions of the development.
- How come Saxonvale has been allowed to linger for 20 years or so on a brownfield field site, and in the local plan, yet this council is considering this massive development proposal outside the development plan.